At AMF, we offer different Fishing magnets for this increasingly popular pastime, all of which are made from Neodymium, the strongest magnetic material available. People find Magnetic Fishing an inexpensive hobby and it can also be interesting, satisfying and financially rewarding. As an added bonus, it also helps to improve the natural environment by keeping waterways clean, sustainable and uncontaminated by metallic waste.
Popular areas for Magnetic Fishing are your local waterways like lakes, canals, wells, and rivers. Areas with old overhead bridges often contain discarded material, sometimes of historical value. Likewise, water close to historic battlefields or abandoned communities can conceal artifacts of interest and monetary value, such as antique tools, weapons or ammunition.
To get started you will need a magnet, rope, personal safety equipment, and some helpful information. Any of our Fishing Magnets will be strong enough on their own but some people fabricate a jig that incorporates 3 or 4 magnets together for extra strength or coverage, also, bare in mind that curved or round submerged objects will be harder to attach to than flat ones. Attach a rope securely with sufficient length to reach the furthest reaches and depths of the waterway. Nylon ropes are water resistant and durable and a brightly coloured rope will help locate it in muddy or weedy environments. Quality protective gloves are essential, as removing each haul from the magnet will often require handling sharp or rusty metallic objects that can cause injury and infection.
More recently, land-based fishing has been conducted by prospectors in remote landscapes around the world in order to collect small remnants of fallen meteors, or “meteorites”, that contain large amounts of molten iron and are therefore highly magnetic. These space rocks are largely invisible in a rocky and arid landscape but fishing magnets can be dragged across the surface to attract these valuable items that can be millions of years old and are highly valued by scientists for the information they can reveal about the cosmos and the origins of our solar system.
- Neodymium Fishing Magnet with M12 Threaded Eyelet - 116mm x 70mm Product Code:AMFYPLNM116
Pull Force: 400kg
Click Here For Product Details$173.80
- Neodymium Fishing Magnet with M12 Threaded Eyelet - 136mm x 92mm Product Code:AMFYPLNM136-2
Pull Force: 600kg
Click Here For Product Details$236.50
- Neodymium Fishing Magnet with M20 Threaded Eyelet - 160mm x 110mm Product Code:AMFYPLNM160
Pull Force: 1000Kg
Click Here For Product Details$990.00
- Neodymium Fishing Magnet with M8 Threaded Eyelet - 48mm dia. Product Code:AMFYPLNM48-2
Pull Force: 80kg
Click Here For Product Details$74.03
- Neodymium Fishing Magnet with M10 Threaded Eyelet - 75mm dia. x 62mm Product Code:AMFYPLNM75
Pull Force: 200kg
Click Here For Product Details$99.77Out of stock
- Neodymium Fishing Magnet with two M10 Threaded Eyelets - 75mm x 77mm Product Code:AMFYPLNM75-2
Pull Force: 200Kg
Click Here For Product Details$112.20
- Neodymium Fishing Magnet with M10 Threaded Eyelet - 75mm x 55mm Product Code:AMFYPSNN75
Pull Force: 110kg
Click Here For Product Details$96.80