Neodymium Magnetic Strip - 1metre x 12.5mm x 1.5mm | 3M Adhesive Tape
|Pull Force*||450 g/cm²|
|Style||Rare Earth strip magnet 3M adhesive 9448|
|Direction of Magnetisation||Magnetised on one side only||Dimensions||Width: 12.5mm|
*Measured against up to 10mm mild steel.
- $21.45 buy 10 to 99 items and save 7%
- $19.69 buy 100+ items and save 15%
Volume pricing available on request.
Magnetic Product Description:
Made from Neodymium powder within a polymer matrix, this Magnet Strip is the strongest of our flexible magnetic tapes. This Rare Earth Magnetic Strip has a width of 12.5mm, a thickness of 1.5mm and a length of 1metre. Identified by the AMF magnet part number 59075.
This product is ideal for use where Ferrite tapes lack enough magnetic strength. Typical uses are for securing and displaying banners, signage and heavy items (It has a pull force of 450 g/cm²). In these circumstances a glue like Selleys Kwik Grip will need to be applied as the 3M 9448 adhesive isn't strong enough for weighted objects.
Uses for our Rare Earth Magnetic Strips:
Attaching favourite artworks, photographs and sporting memorabilia and the like to walls and other vertical surfaces often improves the amenity of a room. Whether in the workplace, home or school or hospital, these decorative items can give ongoing comfort and inspiration to people who occupy these spaces.
Magnetic strips can provide mighty holding force for many of these tasks, and offers significant advantages over more common fixing methods. (Consider too, self-adhesive magnetic sheeting that can be easily cut to suit). Magnetic strips or self-adhesive magnetic sheets adhere to different surfaces with the aid of a metal plate affixed to the back of items, without breaching or penetrating the walls painted surface.
This capability of magnets over nails, screws and some other adhesives makes it easier to move the items to a different position on the wall reducing the need to repair the damage created by a penetrative fixing. Repairs needed to fix screws, nails or hooks can require the entire wall be repainted thanks to the difficulty of matching paint colours.
A variety of magnetic products are readily available for the purpose of fixing, holding, releasing and repositioning of these wall hangings. Many magnetic products, including magnetic strips can be suitable for attaching items to vertical surfaces cleanly and safely to a wide variety of surfaces types and materials.
It is also possible to attach a small metal plate to the ceiling by fixing into a ceiling joist or ceiling baton. A strong, small pot hook magnet locked on to the plate provides a hanging point that excludes fixing onto or into walls altogether. Should repair be later required, a small ceiling patch is more difficult to detect than a patch on a wall. Ceilings too are often white, the simplest of paint colours to match.
For professionals requiring damage free, hidden or secret fixing solutions for attaching artwork to walls, for the home handy person, for school projects, these simple and safe to use magnetic strips help turn a good job into a great one.
- Great product and serviceOver the phone the sales person was able to understand what we needed the magnets for and which one to try. Another phone call resolved how to use the magnet strips to make the pull stronger for what we needed. We were then able to order the larger amount to do the job. There were 2 mailing fees but it was worth the cost for getting what we needed. They were to connect multiple fly screens to each other on a long single track and the end ones to aluminium window frames.
- UseThe magnets are strong enough but the adhesive does not hold for the required job - keeping a drawer closed., and there are lots of drawers!
AMF Reply: Hi Avril, if the surface isn't suitable for 3M Adhesive you can always double-up on the adhesive with superglue or liquid nails,
- Needs stronger glueThe magnetic strips are handy to cut to size, but the 3M adhesive is useless. I've used numerous 3M adhesive tapes (with hooks or velcro) over the years so I know what weight you can expect the adhesive tape to bear, but the glue didn't even take the weight of the smallest 3M hook with a light cable strung on it. I've now bought some superglue to try again. I had seen another review likewise disappointed that the adhesive was not strong enough on its own, with a response to try something like liquid nails. It would appear that separate superglue is a necessity with this tape.
AMF Reply: Hi Simone, yes we find depending on the surface you're adhering the 3M adhesive to you may need to double up on the adhesive with liquid nails or superglue – hope this helps your application!
- Pretty CoolWe cut it up and used it to hold a huge basket to a magnetic office wall to keep pens in it etc. Impressive strength
- magnetic tapeGreat product. tried the rest, this is the best. I restore old cars and rather than drilling holes in panels to apply metal badging i use this product to prevent rust water etc, very strong, allows me to take badges off to clean both badges and panel where dirt grime etc collect
- The adhesive is a little light onBought this to go with Neod magnets to hang unframed photographs/works on paper. The magnetic part is terrific and the flexibility of cutting the strip to size fantastic but the adhesive doesn't seem to be evenly spread resulting in a few fallen corners once the works were hung. Resolved with some extra double-sided tape and a rehang but all good now.
- Extremely Strong, Unique ProductIf you have worked with any other flexible adhesive magnets before, such as the ones used to make your own fridge magnets, these may look similar but they are about 10 times stronger. Although a bit more brittle, these strips can still be cut easily, and AMF Magnets shipped quickly with no hassles.
- Perfect product and solutionI needed a solution to keep block-out curtains closed without any light leaks. The curtains have a little seam on the end of them, I connected a few strips of the neodymium magnet together and slid them into the seam. The pull force is amazing, whenever the curtains get jostled/displaced, the magnets pull them silently shut, completely sealing out the light. Amazing product, very happy with result.
- Great ServiceI ordered the product which was quick and easy - and it was delivered within a few days. The product is great so overall 5 stars. Will purchase from AMF Magnetics again.
- ExcellentThank you