Neodymium Magnetic Strip - 1metre x 12.5mm x 1.5mm | 3M Adhesive Tape
|Pull Force*||450 g/cm²|
|Style||Rare Earth strip magnet 3M adhesive 9448|
|Direction of Magnetisation||Magnetised on one side only||Dimensions||Width: 12.5mm|
*Measured against up to 10mm mild steel.
- $21.45 buy 10 to 99 items and save 7%
- $19.69 buy 100+ items and save 15%
Volume pricing available on request.
Strong Magnetic Strip Product Description:
Neodymium tape is the strongest of all our flexible magnetic tapes, made from neodymium powder within a polymer matrix. This product has a 3M adhesive on one side for easy securing to a wide range of surfaces. Rare Earth Magnetic Strip has a width of 12.5mm, a thickness of 1.5mm and a length of 1metre. Strong neodymium tape has a pull force of 450 g/cm².
Uses for our Rare Earth Adhesive Magnetic Strips:
This product is ideal for use where Ferrite tapes lack enough magnetic strength. Typical uses are for securing and displaying banners, signage and heavy items (It has a pull force of 450 g/cm²). For heavier items, a glue* will need to be applied as the adhesive isn't strong enough for weighted objects.
Attaching items like artworks, photographs and sporting memorabilia to walls and other vertical surfaces often improve the amenity of a room. These Magnetic Strips allow for damage-free and hidden fixing solutions for attaching items to walls, for craft projects and more. Whether in the workplace, home or school, these decorative items can give inspiration to people who occupy these spaces.
Magnetic strips provide a mighty holding force and offer significant advantages over more common fixing methods. Magnets make it easier to reposition items, reducing the need to repair the damage caused by nails and screws. A metal backplate can allow these Neodymium Strips to adhere to different surfaces, without breaching or penetrating the walls painted surface. (Consider too, self adhesive magnetic sheeting that can be easily cut to suit).
- Great service, great productBought a strip magnet and it was delivered VERY quickly. Used the strip magnet to re-attach a steel vent to my colorbond cladding - behind the vent is a hole through which I feed mouse bait. The vent was rivetted but frequent access is now made possible by use of the magnetic strip to hold the vent in place between baitings. NO issue with the adhesive at all, and the magnetic hold is perfect. Thank-you AMF. ...MikeH
- magnet not strong enoughwhilst the magnet was not strong enough for my application, the service was, would recommend this company, service was prompt and professionally handled. in saying that I feel that more information about the strength of the magnet be more precise, not too many people I think would know just how much strength the magnet has just by the strength quote that they put in their description, example 450.g/cm2 overall 5 stars
- Great product and serviceOver the phone the sales person was able to understand what we needed the magnets for and which one to try. Another phone call resolved how to use the magnet strips to make the pull stronger for what we needed. We were then able to order the larger amount to do the job. There were 2 mailing fees but it was worth the cost for getting what we needed. They were to connect multiple fly screens to each other on a long single track and the end ones to aluminium window frames.
- UseThe magnets are strong enough but the adhesive does not hold for the required job - keeping a drawer closed., and there are lots of drawers!
AMF Reply: Hi Avril, if the surface isn't suitable for 3M Adhesive you can always double-up on the adhesive with superglue or liquid nails,
- Needs stronger glueThe magnetic strips are handy to cut to size, but the 3M adhesive is useless. I've used numerous 3M adhesive tapes (with hooks or velcro) over the years so I know what weight you can expect the adhesive tape to bear, but the glue didn't even take the weight of the smallest 3M hook with a light cable strung on it. I've now bought some superglue to try again. I had seen another review likewise disappointed that the adhesive was not strong enough on its own, with a response to try something like liquid nails. It would appear that separate superglue is a necessity with this tape.
AMF Reply: Hi Simone, yes we find depending on the surface you're adhering the 3M adhesive to you may need to double up on the adhesive with liquid nails or superglue – hope this helps your application!
- Pretty CoolWe cut it up and used it to hold a huge basket to a magnetic office wall to keep pens in it etc. Impressive strength
- magnetic tapeGreat product. tried the rest, this is the best. I restore old cars and rather than drilling holes in panels to apply metal badging i use this product to prevent rust water etc, very strong, allows me to take badges off to clean both badges and panel where dirt grime etc collect
- The adhesive is a little light onBought this to go with Neod magnets to hang unframed photographs/works on paper. The magnetic part is terrific and the flexibility of cutting the strip to size fantastic but the adhesive doesn't seem to be evenly spread resulting in a few fallen corners once the works were hung. Resolved with some extra double-sided tape and a rehang but all good now.
- Extremely Strong, Unique ProductIf you have worked with any other flexible adhesive magnets before, such as the ones used to make your own fridge magnets, these may look similar but they are about 10 times stronger. Although a bit more brittle, these strips can still be cut easily, and AMF Magnets shipped quickly with no hassles.
- Perfect product and solutionI needed a solution to keep block-out curtains closed without any light leaks. The curtains have a little seam on the end of them, I connected a few strips of the neodymium magnet together and slid them into the seam. The pull force is amazing, whenever the curtains get jostled/displaced, the magnets pull them silently shut, completely sealing out the light. Amazing product, very happy with result.
- Great ServiceI ordered the product which was quick and easy - and it was delivered within a few days. The product is great so overall 5 stars. Will purchase from AMF Magnetics again.
- ExcellentThank you