Neodymium Cylinder - 12.7mm x 12.7mm
|Pull Force*||6 kg|
|Style||Neodymium Cylinder magnet|
|Direction of Magnetisation||Axially magnetised|
*Measured against up to 10mm mild steel.
- $6.83 buy 10 to 99 items and save 15%
- $5.81 buy 100+ items and save 28%
Volume pricing available on request.
Magnetic Product Description:
This neo cylinder magnet has a diameter of 12.7mm and a height of 12.7mm, the imperial equivalent size of half an inch. It has a flux density reading of 5635 Gauss and a pull force of 6 kilos. Its part number is 21020.
Uses for our rare earth cylinder magnets:
Neodymium cylinder magnets are used across a broad range of industries: industrial supply and general engineering, educational equipment manufacturers, pump designers and many more.
Companies working with modern plastics turn flat sheets of plastic into three dimensional products. With the capabilities of modern printing technology many offer full turnkey services. Concept ideation, prototype development, production and delivery and installation of the equipment ready for operation.
Throughout this multi-faceted journey magnets including neodymium cylinder 12.7mmx12.7mm magnets and magnetism play very useful roles from start to finish. To take one example, concept ideation is the most crucial stage of development. Using magnetised work walls, in conjunction with cylinder magnets, stakeholders in the project are able to contribute from the very beginning, increasing ownership and commitment to the project.
Individuals working on individual computer screens cannot deliver the same organic and troubleshooting outcomes this old fashioned but effective collaborative method often produces. Magnetised work walls are an updated drawing board, the site of many great innovations.
With materials, images, symbols and words or phrases assembled beforehand, magnetic attachment is the simplest, quickest and most effective method of holding these items on a screen everyone can see and contribute to. Existing items can be easily slid apart to make way for other images and symbols to demonstrate previous issues and problems, or describe a new approach.
The shifting arrangement, held and released and re-held simply, quickly and unobtrusively, allows everyone to follow and critique how the project might best proceed. Ideas are mapped, navigated and issues addressed in a format that shifts as quickly as the ideas themselves come and go.
Modern digital screens are great for mapping out an existing approach, but they do not facilitate another’s contribution in a quick, effective way as simply sliding the segments or symbols into a different configuration to demonstrate strengths of another approach. Magnets allow complicated ideas and production processes to be communicated in a simpler more easily understood fashion to a wider audience.
The final configuration, once agreed and any objections overcome, can remain in place for the duration of the project as a reminder of stakeholder ownership, a reference point for workers wanting to confirm their role in the project and as proof positive to a visiting client that there is indeed a plan.
- Good strong magnetsOk firstly if you plan on smashing these together they will chip. For fixed applications they are super strong. I used them to locate metal studs behind plasterboard wall and worked perfectly although something plasticized would be better. Will buy again. Thanks!
AMF Reply: thank you for your feedback John! Check out our Supa Dupa Studfinder (Product code: STUDFINDER) for next time.
- Very effective productI purchased this magnet to use in gemstone identification. It is the perfect size and strength. Thank you
- FunOn arrival my kids were immediately testing the limits of the magnets and getting them to fly together. A part of the magnet chipped off, but it still works. we have used it for a monopole motor which was very cool! Then my son dunked it in iron filings. That wasn't so fun..
- ExcellentThe product is excellent. Surpassed our expectations.
Delivery was super fast. Definitely will use AMF Magnetics again!!