Magnetic Stud Finder
- $41.25 buy 3 to 4 items and save 5%
- $38.50 buy 5+ items and save 11%
Volume pricing available on request.
Magnetic Stud Finder Description:
The Magnetic Stud Finder is sure to become the tradesman's best friend! It is identified by the AMF magnet part STUDFINDER.
Uses for our Magnetic Stud Finder:
This Magnetic Stud Finder is very helpful in locating metal materials embedded in structures.
Penetrating surfaces of buildings, especially painted walls, creates risk, in particular, electrical and plumbing and repair risks. Older buildings could have had anything done to them by previous owners who don’t know and don’t care about building codes.
Climbing up into the ceiling cavity to identify metal studs in walls or metal batons in ceilings also creates risk. For many homes, the electrics are always live in the roof space unless terminated at the street by the energy company, not flicking a switch at the circuit board. This is important. Ceiling cavities are dark and dangerous.
Now for the good news. A good quality magnetic stud finder is a non-invasive method of identifying metal plates, metal studs, metal noggins and metal fasteners. Good quality stud finders will also, depending on the type of fastener, pick up metal fasteners in timber studs and joists.
Identifying fixing points the first and last time during renovations and additions avoids the problems that can arise from damaging surfaces that require patching and repainting. Matching colours can be a real drama. Some clients and landlords can kick up a real fuss over slight variations in texture or colour and insist the whole room be repainted. Have a wild guess who is paying for that. Oh, yes, the question. You don’t find a supa dupa, being yellow and magnetically abled, it finds you.
As the name suggests, the Stud Finder is a cost effective and efficient means of finding metal studs within walls. The high strength Rare Earth magnet will easily work through thick plaster, fibro etc finding metal wall plates, studs and joists with ease
"Thanks very much for the prompt delivery. I'm an electrician and I had to find metal wall plates for switches etc. behind walls and the magnetic studfinder was very accurate and worked brilliantly!!"
Matt Ramage - Electrician
- What a buy!This stud finder magnet is useful for so many purposes!
So glad I bought this one.
- works a treat and is grabbing every key ring in sightI did get it as a stud finder. It is brilliant.
- Great productGreat service, and fast delivery.
- Steel frame home decorating essentialThe magnetic stud finder is perfect for helping us accurately hang our pictures in our new steel-framed home. Other magnets were too weak and this one is not only strong, it also has a handy hook that we could attach a plumb line to for accuracy with lines and edges. We even had an alarm installer in the house when the magnet arrived and he commented that he wished he had one( so he didn't make unnecessary holes in walls!!)
- Great tool, saves timeHandy tool has already saved me time to find studs in wall, a lot more effective than knocking on walls to find studs and drilling holes until you hit a stud. Knocking on walls to find studs is effective, but after a while the knocks sound the same to me and is not as efficient as the magnet. Drilling to find studs also works but it leaves a mess that you have to top coat. I’m happy with it and recommend it for steel stud walls. Next challenge for this tool is to find nails in timber studs, I think that it will powerful enough to detect the nails in base plate of timber frames.
- Use of magnetI use the stud finder to locate nails and screws in recycled timber before I saw or plane the timber 647
- Very goodAmazingly strong magnet will pick up metal stud through 13mm fyre check plasterboard covered in tiles! Very accurate and super strong
- ExcellentI Bought this out of frustration after drilling about 7 billion holes in our ceiling looking for a ceiling joist. This magnet located them in seconds. Works a treat!