Your choice of Magnet will largely depend on what your application is. What is the operating temperature? Will the magnet be used in liquid or in an environment with high moisture levels?
Some points to consider inclu de are:
- If the magnet is being used for holding or lifting something, what pull force do you require?
- What is the operating temperature?
- How far does the magnet need to operate, i.e. distance of the magnetic field?
- Will the magnet be used in liquid or in an environment with high moisture levels?
- Does the magnet need to be flexible?
Use the table below to determine which Type of Magnet is most suitable for your application:
|Size to strength ratio|
|Distance of field|